Sunday, May 04, 2008

Free comic book day and May day in Kennebunk Me

Yesterday was Free comic book day. The family and I headed over to Rochester, NH to Jetpack Comics to pick up our free books. While we were there, we then went over to the Rochester opera house to see a few people dressed up as Star wars characters. There was Jabba the Hutt, Boba Fett, two stormtroopers as well as two people dressed up as Jedi Knights. We went back to Jetpack Comics and I had a moment to talk with my good friend Ron Fortier before heading back to Kennebunk Me. At the Kennebunk Library, they had a Faerie House Exhibition and my daughter, Annakah, made a Faerie house. Her house was a beach theme with a playground. Each child recieved a certificate for entering and each got a blue ribbon for something unique about their faerie house. Annakah got a blue ribbon for "BEST MOONBEAMS".













































Just a reminder that Shadow Rider and Legends of the Spellbinders are at(http://www.indyplanet.com/) if anyone wanted to order one.
Take care and have a great week...

2 comments:

Ron Fortier said...

Hi Larry. Wow Heidi took some great shots here. I never made it down to the opera house, so I was tickled to see those shots of Jabba the Hut. Too cool. It really was a fun day. I also loved that shot of you in the store standing under your comics. Now you've got to get to a con and sell a few hundred of them. Let the fans know what they are missing.

Larry N Young said...

I think everyone did a great job on FCBD and I also loved how Jabba the Hut turned out. My family told me that next year I'm getting a table and that was that. Next Friday I'll be taken Shadow Rider and Legends of the Spellbinders over to Casablanca Comics in Portland. I talked with a guy who works there and he told me to bring them up to the store. I’m looking forward in getting a table for the next con that will be in our neck of the woods.